Monday, July 26, 2010

title of blog

So, when I started this blog the title "Hit the Road, Jac" was a play on words: from the song "Hit the Road, Jack" by Ray Charles, made popular by this weird TV show that had a talking rabbit... and the fact that I was literally hitting the road by running and otherwise getting in shape. I forgot, however, that I'm also "hitting the road" because Joe and I have lots of vacations planned. What better motivation to get healthy (again) than awesome vacations to hot places?

In addition to the long-weekend type vacations, these are the trips in the works. I do plan way ahead...

Next spring, we're heading to the golden coast of California. Starting in San Diego, we're going to work our way up the coastal highway, visiting friends along the way. I also want to learn how to surf. This means I'll be in a swimsuit in public and that I need to have a nice strong core for balancing on a surfboard.

Sometime (probably spring again) in 2012, I'm coordinating a Caribbean cruise. Realizing that a lot of my friends and I are turning 30 soon (Joe in September of 2011, me in October of 2012) I thought rather than everyone planning their own celebrations, it'd be much easier and cost effective (not to mention fun!) to have everyone on a boat, so that the majority of the people on the ship will be connected in the "6 degrees of Jac in a bathing suit". How's that for motivation? Plus, I don't want to limit myself of any excursions that might otherwise be difficult for someone not in shape.

Fall-ish of 2013 will be our 5 year wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we'll be heading to Italy. Details are naturally in the works since this trip is more than 3 years away, but still worth mentioning I think. Though, I do keep thinking "how much gelato, wine, and other yummy food can I enjoy before offsetting all of my working out?" Right now... not much.

I mentioned me in a bathing suit a few times. Of course it is something I'm thinking about, but to be honest, that's only part of it. When I FEEL healthy and fit, it doesn't really matter what my body LOOKS like. Still, the thought of it is certainly motivating. So is wanting to challenge this body at 30 more than I did at 20 and really celebrating life, since it is the only life we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment