Monday, May 18, 2009

On and Off the track

So, this month has been a crazy one, especially the last couple weeks. I'm working on costuming a musical and that has taken most of my time and energy. Finding time to stay on track has been difficult.

This past week I managed to get in my Couch to 5k week 3 runs. These runs consisted of the following intervals: after a 5 minute warm up, run for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, run for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes, and that set was repeated twice. I felt it was too easy, so I repeated it 3x. I did this run twice (you're supposed to do 3x/week). Even though I didn't get in my 3rd day i am going to start week 4 this afternoon. I feel good about that decision: because I added the extra interval on both runs, technically I did all of the intervals I had to do this week. Also, even with the added interval I felt the runs were pretty easy.

I was going to start week 4 yesterday, but my body wasn't cooperating and I ended up napping instead. Then, i was going to wake up this morning to run, but again, body beat mind and I couldn't get myself up. I need to be more careful in taking care of myself when I am stressed out, especially when it comes to eating well.

Last night at dinner I had two cokes. I very seldom drink soda at all. It tasted great and was very refreshing, so I don't feel too bad about it. My diet for the day was pretty bad. For breakfast: a fruit salad (good) and a slice of cold pizza (not so good). Then I had a Starbucks grande triple soy latte (not bad). When I got home from the theater I was famished but didn't want to eat anything much since we were going out for dinner so I had a pudding cup (100 calories... not great) and 4 slices of hard salami (um... what?). For dinner, we went to Joe's Crab Shack, split the "double dip" appetizer (bad) and i had the broiled seafood platter - Tilapia (good) Shrimp (good) Crab something or other (bad - yummy but made with mayonaisse) and a side of broccoli (great) and rice (um... not good?) We got home and I had some raspberry sorbet (not bad) The problem is I haven't been planning snacks... I'll get busy, forget to eat, but then when I remember to eat, make bad decisions.

I feel good about today though. The extra sleep will help. After work I'm going to go to the gym: I don't have to be in the theater tonight. I have to get my run in, and I'd like to go to Pilates, at least to explain why I haven't been there, and I do like the cross training. I'll probably have to run on the treadmill after Pilates though which I don't like to do. Or, I may skip Pilates and just do a bike and run workout. But I am committing some gym time to myself tonight even though I have a lot to do with the costumes.

Looking ahead, tomorrow is the day we can sign up for classes through Fairfax County (which is where I've been doing Yoga and Pilates through. I'm dropping Pilates: I'm feeling a bit bored by it and I don't like the classes through the county as much as I did at the gym back before the wedding. I'll get back into it eventually, but I need a break. Its not worth it to me at this point. I'm keeping Yoga though. Also, we are going to add swimming. I'm going to sign up for the 2x/week class, and sign up for all three months. Joe is going to start with a 1x/week class for two months, and the third month join my 2x/week class. So my schedule starting on June 22 will be Swimming Monday and Wednesday, and Yoga Thursday, plus 3x/week running.

Biking: Joe and I need to buy bikes. I'm going to see if I can borrow one from my friend for a little while since I'm a bit strapped on cash right now: signing up for the next round of classes plus my car is up for inspection and registration renewal... it might be another month before I can get a bike. Plus, I'm able to use the stationary bike at the rec center the days I'm in there.

As much as I'm loving costuming this show, I'll be glad when it's over so I can focus on training for this Triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment