Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yes, I run during tech week

So, tech week, for you non-theater people, is the week before the show opens. For actors and techies alike it involves basically living at the theater. And when you add on that its community theater and most of us have jobs/school/etc... well, you can imagine.

Saturday, before I headed up to Baltimore for a bachelorette party, I did my last week 4 run. it felt great. Sunday, I was in the theater from noon-10ish. Monday, Memorial Day, I did Day 1 of week 5. Tuesday night, was in the theater from right after work until around11. Joe and I had planned on getting up on Wednesday morning to run but it didn't happen. So, we got up today. Day 2 of week 5 is two 8 minute runs with a 5 minute walk in between. It went pretty well! I'm excited about day 3, which is a straight 20 minute run!

Joe is still faster than me. But maybe the 20 minute run will be a good equalizer.

The race is on June 21, so we have to run every other day from here on out to hit week 9 for the race. after that, its just a matter of maintaining and allowing it to get easier. I think I'll feel good if i can get in 10-15 miles a week running from the 5k through the triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment