Monday, July 6, 2009

Actual Update

So, Friday, I ended up running in the morning, and did Couch to 5K week 9, Day 1, which was a straight 30 minute run. I tried to pace myself and it didn't go too bad. My abs were still hurting from that pilates video! I took the rest of the weekend off, though.

Today, I made it to my first ever Monday swimming class!! I didn't swim as far as last time, only 1300 meters. But I'm feeling off today anyway. Thats still .81 miles so I feel OK about it. And I feel like I'm learning a lot which is important. I forgot my water bottle again... it made it into the gym but I locked it in my locker. So next time, I'll remember it!

Dave posted new quotes for Joe and I....

Mine: "Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." - Tom Landry

Joe's: "By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning." - Lao Tzu

And, a relatively new friend of ours complimented me and told me that I am "striking" which was a much needed boost to my ego. :-D

Tomorrow, I go running. One of the running magazines I get mentioned that athletes who sleep 10 hours a night perform better than those who get less. I'm not that hard core, but I really need to start getting 8, which would put me in bed at 10:30 if I'm waking up to run, and 11:00 if I'm not. So, I should go get ready for bed!!

I woke up this morning feeling in love with the world, and as the day went on I lost more and more energy. I got home from work and was laying on the couch, and basically had to drag myself to swimming class. I drove instead of riding my bike... but I feel much better having gone. I did get out for a walk on my lunch break which helped a little bit mid day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 10 hours of sleep a night! I'm lucky if I get 7!

    ReplyDelete