Monday, July 20, 2009

Always carry quarters!

So, since my last post I have:

-Completed four 30 minute runs. This week I'm planning on running Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.

- Went to two swimming classes on the 6th and 8th, and skipped two swimming classes on the 13th and 15th... Monday I just had a case of the Monday's, and Wednesday I got stuck at work late. This week I am going today but need to skip Wednesday because Joe's dad is in town and taking us out for dinner. I probably should go to the pool on Friday to make up for it.

-Rode my bike 9.5 miles to work on Sunday. Work is really only a little over 7 miles away, depending on which roads I take, but I had to turn around and go back home about a half mile in because I forgot my key, and then I got lost trying to find the back entrance through the woods (as opposed to the super traffic-y normal entrance) But it was a nice, do-able ride so this weekend I'm planning on hitting the WO&D and trying for 12-14 miles on Saturday. In total it took me one hour and 18 minutes to go 9.5 miles at a leisurely pace. This included a stop at a lemonade stand. 10 cents for a cup of lemonade? Heck Yeah! Actually, I gave them 25 cents and told them to keep the change: 4 little kids, it was really cute. And, you just can't pass them, ya know? So, that is why I need to make sure to always have some change on me.

-Got an awesome 90 minute Deep Tissue massage from Ingrid at Sesen Spa on the 18th. Joe's parents got me a gift certificate to use after the musical I costumed and I finally used it. Ingrid is awesome. I've seen her a couple of times. She asked how pilates was going so I filled her in that I stopped for a while to train for the triathlon. She was impressed! I wanted her to work on my legs and she asked how much pain I wanted (hahaha) And I asked her to go kind of middle of the road. I actually fell asleep when she was working on my glutes and calves, but when she got to the quads... man, that was sore. But, good sore. And she always does a great job loosening up my shoulders (I gather my stress between my shoulder blades... the bad posture doesn't help.) Afterwords she complemented me on my strong legs.


This weeks schedule looks like this:

Monday: Bike 3 miles (if the weather cooperates) and swimming class
Tuesday: Run 3 miles, 100 push up challenge (I'm going to start it again), biking in the afternoon if I run in the morning.
Wednesday: Off, dinner with Joe's dad.
Thursday: dinner with Heather for her birthday, 100 push up challenge
Friday: Run 3 miles (hopefully in the morning) Bike 3 miles and Swimming make-up
Saturday: Bike 12-14 miles
Sunday: Run 3 miles, 100 push up challenge

Also, walking 30 minutes outside at lunch on any days that aren't raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment