Monday, July 6, 2009

Yoga class or solitary practice

So, I received a phone call from the rec center where my yoga class was: it was canceled due to low enrollment. So, now I have Thursday nights available and I'm mulling over my options:

-There is a class at a yoga studio not to far away from home, which costs $135 for 9 sessions and starts this Thursday. It's about as much as the rec center one cost (well, a little more but there are more classes) I already had the time blocked off for yoga, I do like practicing with other people, having an instructor there to correct me and guide me, and committing to a class makes it more likely that I'll show up. The down side is that I'm already not at home 2 nights a week, and am afraid of getting burned out, which has happened before.

-Have Thursday's off and practice on my own. This allows for my schedule to be a little flexible and gives me some time to do chores. And saves me $135 bucks. However, when I schedule time for myself its usually the first thing to go when its flexible enough to go, and when I'm tempted to do other things instead. Also, it means I need to find space in my condo to do yoga, and I'm a tall gal, and we don't have a lot of space. However, I'd like to test my abilities to commit to myself and treat yoga on Thursdays like a class. And if I can somehow set up my computer in a way that YogaToday would work... I might be able to do it.

I went to the YogaToday site, and it looks like they've changed a bit. They still have free class every week, but now you have the option to buy each hour long class (there are over 160 to choose from) for $3.99 or sign up for a monthly subscription ($9.99) and then classes cost $2.99 to download. Still a great deal in my opinion. I wonder if downloading the class would make it able to work on our TV somehow....

No comments:

Post a Comment