Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chocolate Milk heals my soul


We've started buying whole chocolate milk from Whole Foods. It's pretty much amazing. I can only drink a half glass at a time because it is so rich but first thing in the morning after an intense workout like today's... man is it good.

I missed the Monday morning TEAM class - i had some issues sleeping and this time chose the extra couple hours of sleep. To make up for it, I went to the gym after work and when I walked in, my trainer was right there. She said "I missed you this morning!!" and then told me I could hop into the 7pm class with a different trainer. I had about 20 minutes before the start of class so I just hung out on the treadmill for a while. Monday was a weight circuit class and this other trainer was a bit harder than Rachel. He was nice, but I don't think I'll be switching classes. Good to know I have an option if I miss the 6am class, also good to know that as "punishment", his class is harder.

I made it in this morning even though we got some snow. Part of the reason I made it was because I could hear Rachel's voice saying that she missed me. Part of it was because today was our first real cardio day and I wanted to make sure I did it with my regular trainer. Plus, we met with the nutritionist, Kara, this morning who gave us a very brief overview and a book to log our meals and workouts.

The cardio was intervals based on Heart Rate zones. We first did an RPE test which determined that my Anaerobic Threshold is 170. For me right now, that's a little faster than a jogging pace and I can barely keep it up for 2 minutes. It was a hard workout but I made it through and took some extra time to stretch afterwards.

Last week Rachel did some measurements and she gave me my results today. My body fat percentage is 28%, and my sit-and-reach flexibility test was 9 inches. According to the body fat wikipedia page, I fall into the "average" category (between 25-31%). According to the BMI that the nutritionist gave me (26.97) I'm considered overweight, which I knew already.

I was exhausted afterwords. I'm still pretty tired 3 hours later. The insomnia is going away I think - I slept pretty well last night though I'm still struggling to get to bed on time. Keeping the cats out of the bedroom seemed to help. I did stop at Starbucks on my way in this morning for a latte and a "protein plate" which is an egg, some fruit, a little cheese, and this yummy muesli bread with honey peanut butter.

Now, I don't have to think about working out until Friday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment