Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Week 1 struggles

Yesterday I was sore. Not the sorest I've ever been after working out but I needed to use my hands to assist my legs if I wanted to cross them, and squatting to get into the car or sit on the loo was challenging. Gotta love lunges and bosu squats!

Monday and Tuesday nights it was really hard for me to sleep. First, I got to bed later than I should. To wake up at 5:30am and get 8 hours of sleep, that means going to bed at 9:30 which, sorry folks, isn't going to happen. I'm aiming to be in bed by 11:00 which is early for me. Sunday night, before my first class, I got to bed by 11, Joe came in and snuggled for 20 minutes and I passed out. Monday night I got distracted with cleaning and chatting online so I crawled into bed around 1am. Last night, I didn't get home until 11:45 so again, 1:00 was about the time I actually got into bed. That basically means if I fell asleep right away, I'd be getting 4.5 hours of sleep. Tuesday I woke up around 7:30, but it had taken me a long time to fall and stay asleep. I remember looking at the clock around 4am. My cats missed me when I was on vacation and decided they wanted to snuggle all night. Joe has been taking some medicine to help him with his insomnia which knocks him completely out so he is basically a pile of snoring dead weight. It is very frustrating which only makes falling asleep that much harder. Part of the problem was someone turned our heat up and didn't turn it back down before bed.

I woke up this morning after maybe 3 hours of sleep, and only 4ish hours the night before, for day 2 of TEAM Fitness. Today was day 1 of tests. She weight me (188.8 - I discovered that the scale at home is about 5lbs lower than it should be), did the body fat caliper things, a sit-and-reach for flexibility and then we had to go on the treadmill for 30 minutes to get the best distance we could. I managed 2.13 miles.

I feel pretty tired at work, and i have a lot to do tonight. But, I plan on kicking everyone out at 10 so I can try and get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment