Monday, January 3, 2011

T.E.A.M. Fitness

So, this morning I attended the first TEAM Fitness class at my gym. It's basically small group personal training, three previously I wasn't even waking up until 8:00. Mornings are dark, and cold. It was 27 degrees outside when I walked to my car this morning. Eeesh!


It ends up costing about $166/month (in addition to our regular gym membership) but costs much less than working out with a trainer one-on-one. Plus there is the added camaraderie. In my class this morning there was one other girl my age, all the rest were older people. The trainer is really nice though. Today we did circuit weight training. Wednesday is apparently cardio plus some testing. Not sure yet what Friday is, but I do get the impression that if I want to see results I'm going to need to add in my own cardio a couple days a week. Perhaps on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and then I can become a real morning person.

I feel really good so far today. Since I was so early, I stopped at Whole Foods on my way in to work to pick up some breakfast (they have take-out stuff so I had scrambled eggs with veggies, and roasted potatoes with more veggies) and I stocked up on lunch for the week - pita, hummus, salad, fruit... so I should be getting back on track with the nutrition side of things.

Now, it's just a matter of getting caught up at work. I took my Adderal already. Normally I'd wait until 10:30ish but with starting my new job soon I really want to get used to being "on" all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment