Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cherries

So, yesterday's run was tough. 5 minute warm-up, 10 minute run, 3 minute walk, 10 minute run, and then walking the rest of the way home. Took me about 42 minutes to go 3.1 miles.

I'm trying really hard to take it slow. my goal is to be able to run the 5k without stopping, no matter how slow i go. Maybe not the one on the 21st, but certainly at the end of the triathlon.

Joe and I go running "together" which really means that we do our 5 minute walk together, and then he loops back around at the end of his run (he's on week 7 which are all 25 minute runs) and we walk the rest of the way together. For a couple weeks he tried it where he'd loop around more often, but i would get so angry when he would come up behind me and pass me. But the past few times, i just let him go, and that seems to work better. The route we run has enough circles that i can still see him, and he actually doesn't get too far ahead of me, maybe a few blocks at the most.

Anyway, sometimes when i'm running i get into the groove and it feels good. sometimes, it is hell. yesterday, the only thing that kept me going for the last 4 minutes of my last run was thinking about all the cherries i would eat when i got home. And i did eat a lot of cherries.

I'm trying to become more aware of what i'm eating, also. I managed to not give into the peanut M&M's at work, we had a good dinner (tilapia with garlic and dill, a big baked potato with greek yogurt, and steamed zucchini and summer squash with rosemary and a little bit of butter). I had cherries with greek yogurt and a little bit of honey for dessert.

I feel like i slept pretty well, though i need to get in the habit of waking up with my alarm instead of snoozing. Breakfast this morning was a PBJ on whole wheat and some OJ, and i took my vitamins also. Today i need to find out if yoga class is still going on, i've missed 3 or 4 in a row. If so, i'll go in and ride the bike for a bit before class.

No comments:

Post a Comment