Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well, i went biking....

So, I got everything packed up for swimming. My goggles and swim cap, flip flops, a towel, my wallet and phone and bike lock, all put in my backpack. I wore my swimsuit under a t-shirt and sweats, filled up my water bottle and headed out the door. I made it to the community center in 20 minutes, pulled in to lock my bike and realized that I'd left my backpack on the chair in the livingroom. Doh!

So, I biked back. At this point, I would have been late for swimming class so I just bought a new bathing suit online instead from Athleta.com, at about half price thanks to the Gap rewards I've been racking up.

But, it was a decent 35 minute bike workout if nothing else and I learned a few things about my bike:

1. I need either new handle bar pads or biking gloves. My hands and wrists really took a beating going over bumps and stuff. On top of this I need to learn to relax my arms and shoulders a bit, too.
2. My new water bottle rattles a lot. its just a little too small for the holder, and the holder is metal and so is the bottle. I'm thinking a beer coozy might help.
3. I really need to install the bike lock holder onto the bike. If I'd had the lock there, I could have at least gone inside and asked to make a phone call or something
4. I should keep an emergency information card somewhere on my bike, if its a sticker or something. I could have called Joe at home, but I don't have our house phone memorized (only our cell phones)
5. I need to register my bike: there is some national database or something
6. Get used to going fast down hills. Maybe this will help my skiing also!

No comments:

Post a Comment